Learn more about the easiest way to process payments in your Sage ERP and better understand the common challenges and the easiest solution for processing payments in Sage.
We have gathered feedback from hundreds of customers regarding the challenges they had with payment processing prior to switching to APS Payments. We recently sat down with one Sage customer who revealed to us the key challenges they had with their old payment processing solution. Read more about this spotlight customer, K&K Interiors, as they detail how they benefited by switching to an integrated payment processing solution for Sage from APS Payments. We have broken down all of this feedback and compiled a list of the most common challenges our merchants face with their payment processing before switching to APS Payments, and why 96% of our customers recommend us as their preferred payments solution provider.
7 Most Common Payment Processing Challenges
- Lack of integration and the resulting duplicate entries – Payments are time consuming and error-prone when your payment processing is not fully integrated into your ERP or eCommerce ordering platform - or both. This can cause efficiency issues and cost labor dollars for your team, and also affect the speed of your sales organization.
- Confusing merchant statements and hidden fees – It can be difficult to compare payment solutions apples to apples. This is because many merchant statements are often confusing and difficult to discern what fees you are being charged. Many payment processing solutions and merchant services providers suggest flat rates for processing credit cards. Flat rate pricing models are not always the best option, as you could be missing out on massive savings with programs like Level 3 payment processing.
- Lack of centralized reporting Many processors do not provide merchants with centralized reporting. Our fully-integrated and out-of-the-box solutions work seamlessly with the business systems that many companies already use and allow 24/7 access to important financial records.
- Level 3 rates not available – Not all payment processors provide Level 3 processing for B2B or B2G transactions. If you do not have an integrated credit card processing solutions, you could be missing out on massive savings simply because of entry error or a failure to collect the data that Level 3 requires. When you use an integrated payment processor, it makes it easy to pass the level 3 data points to ensure you are always getting the best rates.
- Online customer payment portal not available – Customers like the ability to self-serve and pay their invoices online. Many payment processors do not offer an integrated online payment portal for their clients, or if they do, they charge a fee. By working with a processor who offers this functionality, clients can click a button and make payments in seconds via ACH or credit card, while at the same time increasing customer satisfaction.
- Missing global payment processing – Multi-currency and international capabilities are not available from all processors. It’s time to switch service providers to a processor that offers these capabilities if you need multi-currency functionality as you grow globally.
- Poor customer support and service – Uptime is essential for merchants and many companies work after hours to ensure payments can be processed in real time or the next day. If your payment processing system goes down and you can’t collect credit cards during business hours, it can make or break your profitability. eCommerce and international merchants are often operating 24/7 and it’s essential for the tool you rely on to be up and running for all of the hours that you are. When you don’t have access to 24/7 live customer support, you may lose cash flow or be unable to provide your own customers with a good customer experience.
7 Ways APS Payments Helps Addresses Challenges
- Integration with hundreds of ERPs, eCommerce, POS, and Mobile applications – Our solutions allow you to process payments in an omni-channel environment with virtually no human intervention. Reduce processing times and streamline operations with integrations to hundreds of leading solutions, such as: AccountMate, Acumatica, Adagio, Sage 100, Sage 300, SAP Business One, Magento, WooCommerce, QuickBooks, and more. APS Payments also provides seamlessly integrated solutions because not all integrated payment processing solutions are created equal. While some integrations will pull information from your POS or web solutions into your ERP, a seamlessly integrated solution will easily flow between all your necessary integrations, automatically pulling and retrieving information without additional manual intervention. APS Payments is proud of our seamless integrated payment solutions built to provide the best experience for our partners and merchants.
- Free merchant statement analysis and no hidden fees – Other processors make merchant statements confusing by design. They don’t want you to understand it because you will see all the unnecessary and hidden fees. APS Payments doesn’t charge extra for PCI-DSS compliance setup, training, or support. We are so confident you will save money with our service that we offer a free merchant statement analysis and educate you on payment processing, so that we can help you understand what you will save by switching to our service. In a previous post, we reviewed 4 Tips to Understanding Merchant Statement Fees because transparency is at the heart of what we do for all our partners and merchants.
- Centralized reporting – We offer online centralized omni-channel reporting so you don't have to go to multiple systems to get the information you need.
- Level 3 rates for B2B & B2G transactions - APS Payments offers merchants the lowest rates possible on B2B or B2G transactions by using Level 3 payment processing for Visa / Mastercard transactions. Many customers come to us because we offer better rates than the flat rates that our competitors use. Sadly, 80% of merchants have not heard about Level 3 processing. They are surprised to learn how much APS Payments will save them by reducing their rates by up to 43% with APS Payments. Recently, we saved one customer $400,000 annually by switching to APS Payments with Level 3 rates.
- Integrated online payment portal - APS Payments offers a free integrated payment portal where you can email an invoice to a customer from your Sage ERP, and customers can click on the Pay Now button embedded in the invoice and can pay online in less than 5 minutes. APS Payments online payment portal gives clients access to all their outstanding invoices, so they can pay multiple invoices at once via ACH or credit card. Watch the APS Payments ClickToPay Demo.
- Global processing with multi-currency – We offer multi-currency processing and can process in 22+ countries. This list continues to grow as we expand globally.
- Excellent customer support and service – We guarantee you will have a live human being every time you call our customer support. We offer 24/7 live customer support. This is one reason why 96% of our merchants recommend us.
Still want to learn more about how APS Payments can help you solve these common payment processing challenges? Watch our recent webinar recording to hear first-hand how one of our Sage customers, K&K Interiors, saved $40,000 annually simply by switching to APS Payments.
How to get started with APS Payments
Provide our experts with two consecutive months of your current merchant statements. We will review your current fees and show you our proposed fees along with the savings you can expect. How much of a difference would it make to your net revenue if you lower your credit card processing fees by as much as 1.50%?
APS Payments provides you with merchant statements that are easy to read and transparent. You have access to more detail than most processors provide. APS Payments helps you save money with Level 3 processing, and Level 3 processing helps your business with added security against fraud and lower rates for B2B transactions. APS Payments acquires and passes all the required Level 2 and Level 3 data by extracting it from our ERP and ecommerce integrated credit card processing solutions. There’s no time-consuming mapping or manual data entry required. No customer is too big or too small to save money on fees!
Let the experts at APS Payments review your merchant statement fees for Sage today!